What are Structured Settlements?
Structured Settlements are most often used to resolve personal physical injury claims or lawsuits by establishing a stream of periodic payments that are funded by annuities provided by highly-rated life insurance companies. If a structured settlement is used to fund a personal physical injury claim, it provides the payments tax-free. A structured settlement can be used to settle non-personal injury claims too.
Who Should Use Structured Settlements?
One or more of the following criteria might be used to determine if structured settlements are appropriate for your personal injury situation:
The loss amount is greater than $10,000 and there is an opportunity to defer some of the payments for three or more years.
- There is involvement of a minor child and a loss of $5,000 or more.
- The injured party has a desire for the security and peace of mind gained from receiving a steady stream of income from a structured settlement over a long period.
- The injured party has little experience and discomfort with managing large sums of money all at once, much less over time.
- The injured party wants to shelter the settlement monies from future taxation on the earnings.
- The severity of the partyĆs injuries and future care needs will best be served by the periodic payments that can be gained by using a structured settlement.
For More Information
To learn more about our company or the benefits of using structured settlements to resolve claims, click on any one of the buttons displayed above. We have designed our site to be valuable to a wide range of people who possess differing levels of interest and knowledge about structured settlements.
EPS Settlements Group, Inc. is headquartered in Denver, Colorado. As a founder of the structured settlements industry doing $1 billion in structures and over 4,000 settlements annually, EPS Settlements Group's experience makes us a better choice.
Please contact us for more information. We look forward to serving you soon.